Operations Working Group Membership Policy
- Anyone who meets the following criteria is eligible to become a member of the Operations Working Group:
- They demonstrate positive engagement with the group, e.g: help resolve issues on the OWG Tracker, and
- They demonstrate broad technical knowledge, e.g: by contributing to the Chef repo, or running their own servers, and
- They are an “active contributor” to the OpenStreetMap Project, as per the Contributor Terms
- The candidate can then apply to become a probationary member, and are added to OWG mailing list and invited to meetings.
- After 3 months, OWG then votes on whether to accept the candidate permanently.
- If the candidate does not become a permanent member, OWG will vote on whether to extend the probationary period for another 3 months.
- An OWG member will be removed from the group if, for a period of 6 months:
- They haven’t participated on the OWG Mailing list, and
- They haven’t participated on the Operations Tracker
(See also the Sysadmin Membership Policy)